Tuesday 8 June 2021

Beginning

Hello.


There is one problem with a software developer job - you need to learn. Constantly.

You know, if you learn how to swim, you can just swim. If you learn a language - you know a language (which you forgot when not using it, but still you know it, for at least a moment).

But the longer I work as a programmer, the more often I have this feeling, that I don't know how to do something and need to learn it. 'Wait' - you'll say - 'the more you do, the better you are getting, it should get easier, not harder'.

The problem is - if I know how to do something, I simply do it. It doesn't take much time, and it isn't hard. It's all about the things I don't know. So - as a software developer - I need to learn.

And some time ago (after finishing high school, of course), I've discovered the easiest way for me to learn. It's not to repeat things aloud (as I had been learning in school), it's not reading the same section in book again and again (which I tried to). For me, personally, it's to write. Maybe it's one of the reasons I like my job (which involves much writing).

Well, that's the place I'll be writing stuff I want to remember about (and even if I won't memorize it that way, it'll still be there. Blogs are nice).

Ok, now let's get more specific.

I work as a Unity developer, so there will be posts about Unity game engine. 

But as I happen to work with quite a lot of aspects of game development - native Android and iOS SDKs, build automation tools, system sripting etc, there will be other posts too. I recently started to learn Python a bit, so I'll probably write a tutorial for it (learning by writing, remember?). Soon.

Well, we'll see.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Python crash course part 10: inheritance and polymorphism

In the last part we've shown how to create and use a class in Python. Today we're going to talk about inheritance: wchich means cre...